The Work of Big Data Technology
As the years press on, we are seeing more and more businesses rely on big data technologies to keep processes organized and streamlined. To those that are outside of the industry, it can be hard to wrap your head around what big data technology truly is. The team of experts at Cielo Global Holdings is here to help! Let’s take a look at what big data is, the technologies it consists of, and how it’s changing the world!
What is Big Data?
To keep things simple, big data is essentially an enormous collection of data from various aspects of a company or business. Big data is collected through a variety of ways and is used to identify trends, patterns, behaviors, errors, etc. The idea is to compile as much information as possible to help spot recurring problems, predict future trends, and make better business decisions. In most cases, much of the data is “unstructured” and requires additional processing in order to make sense of it and fit it neatly in with others. Big data requires a completely separate set of skills and technologies in order to accomplish anything. Traditional data software cannot handle the sheer volume and variety of information that big data brings, so new technologies are being developed.
What Are Big Data Technologies?
Big data technologies are composed of software that can handle the massive amounts of data being thrown at it. There are also technologies that require big data to work. Cielo Global Holdings works with big data in a variety of different ways including but not limited to:
● The Internet of Things: We work with the Internet of Things to get our clients access to the big data they need. The Internet of Things is all of the devices that are embedded with electronics, software, sensors, actuators, and network connectivity. All of these devices are capable of exchanging data. Often, organizations have insufficient staffing and a lack of experience when managing projects that require IoT. Day-to-day business practices push big data to the side, preventing the company from getting the most out of the Internet of Things.
● Artificial Intelligence: Artificial Intelligence (AI) is made possible through big data. AI uses the vast collection of information to learn and “grow” as it goes. Artificial Intelligence was designed to replace human thought with machine “thought.” Without proper development, AI cannot accurately use big data to problem solve and learn from errors. The Cielo Global Holdings team develops entire AI systems that integrate with all the necessary big data technologies.
● Machine Learning: Machine Learning is a subset of AI. This is when machines adapt to changes as needed without the need for human programming. If there is an error, the machine can use its data collection to find a solution without being told what that solution is. For a simple example, the newest iRobots use machine learning to help the AI vacuum cleaners better navigate and learn the homes or rooms they are placed in.
To learn more about how Cielo Global Holdings works with big data technologies, visit https://cgholdings.com/solutions/big-data-technology/.
How Does Big Data Technology Help?
As you can probably imagine, there are many ways that big data and its technologies have helped to shape the world around us. With each passing day, even more, uses are being discovered! Here are just a few of many examples of big data technologies coming in handy:
● Customer Acquisition and Retention: Big data can be used to analyze consumer behavior in a very detailed way. You can look at potential customers, past customers, and current clientele to find trends about their shopping habits, interaction rates, demographics, and more! You can also use big data and its associated technologies to create adaptable rewards and loyalty programs! Therefore, you can get more customers through the door (or site) and encourage them to stay longer!
● Market Insights: Similarly, you can use big data to take note of your market! With all the information available, you can pinpoint your most profitable target market, the best time of the year to run ads, the most successful creative, and so much more. This will help you develop a master marketing plan that will boost your results exponentially!
We hope this article has cleared up some confusion about big data technologies and how they work. Cielo Global Holdings works with hundreds of clients to perfect their big data systems, and we would love to work with you too! To learn more about who we are and what we do, visit www.cgholdings.com.